Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Getting ready


We have our plane tickets and it's really time to get ready now. I hope I bought enough coffee. Tonight is the official Bon Voyage party to kick off the 2006-07 Antarctic field season. The first two people from our team from Ohio State University will be headed south this weekend. The plan is to arrive in New Zealand on Tuesday, get our Extreme Cold Weather (ECW) clothing at the Clothing Distribution Center (CDC) at the Antarctic Center in Christchurch, NZ on Wednesday, and fly to McMurdo Station, Antarctica on Thursday morning. Sometimes things go as planned, but it is advisable to be prepared for change. Also, if you do become a regular reader of my blog, you will see that we use many acronyms in the United States Antarctic Program (USAP)!

Here is a photo of me at one of the upland ponds near the Marr Glacier in Taylor Valley. I should probably show you a picture from Columbus, but wouldn't you rather see me in Taylor Valley?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home